The holidays are fast approaching! With Covid protocols and no extra visitors at the school, it makes this year different again. Instead of collecting and distributing items at Myers, we wanted to share some options with you.
If you need help here are a couple things you can do:
- The Salvation Army provides children and families in the Salem-Keizer area with a Christmas dinner and gifts. Salem-Keizer families may apply to receive toys and a Christmas food box. This program serves families in need who have children in the home ages 0–12.
- Applications will be taken in late fall. For questions, contact them at 503.585.6688. Calling sooner is better to guarantee an appointment.
- For Thanksgiving help, we have a few openings that our school counselor can assist you with.
- Another place to receive help is the West Salem Food Bank at the West Salem Methodist church, 1219 3rd Street NW. It is open Mondays and Wednesdays 1:00-3:00.
- Family Blessing Event – https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:66b37543-7acc-4ff4-9836-e4df5c419085
If you are wanting to help people this holiday season, you could contact:
- the Kroc Center (https://salem.kroccenter.org/kroc-salem/home ) to donate toys or monetary donations.
- Marion Polk Food Share (https://marionpolkfoodshare.org/ ) could also use your support in monetary or food donations.
- And of course, any help you can give our Salem community, will most likely ripple back into this Myers’ neighborhood as well!
If you have other needs or would like to talk to someone, please contact our school counselor, Linda Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org