Welcome to Myers Mustangs Elementary School
Matthew Holm, the co-author and illustrator of "Baby Mouse" and "Squish" will be presenting 3 assemblies at Myers. He will talk about how he and his sister co-write, sketch, revise and create books. Thank you to the PTO and the people who support the Book Fair because it is through their generous support that we are able to have an author visit our school.
Make-up days for snow closures announced
Due to inclement weather, Salem-Keizer students have missed four full school days, had one early release and one late start this school year.
Time at school is essential to student success. To make up for some lost instructional time, the district has decided to make changes to the school calendar.
Three school days have been added to the calendar:
· Thursday, March 23, 2017, will be a school day for all students. Parent-Teacher conferences will take place after school and in the evening.
· Thursday and Friday, June 15 and 16, 2017, will be school days for all students except graduating seniors. High schools will develop a revised schedule for second semester finals.
Dates of high school graduation ceremonies will not change.
Días de clase agregados al calendario escolar para compensar por los cierres escolares debido a las nevadas
Por causa del mal tiempo, en lo que va del presente año lectivo, los alumnos de Salem-Keizer han perdido cuatro días de clase completos, aparte de otro día en que salieron anticipadamente de la escuela y otro día más en el que empezaron tarde las clases.
El tiempo de clase es esencial para el éxito escolar. Para recuperar el tiempo de clase perdido, el distrito ha decidido modificar el calendario escolar.
Se han agregado tres días al calendario:
· El jueves 23 de marzo de 2017 será un día de clases para todos los alumnos. Las conferencias de padres y maestros tendrán lugar después de clase y por la noche.
· El jueves y viernes 15 y 16 de junio de 2017, respectivamente, serán días de clase para todos los alumnos, excepto para los alumnos de duodécimo grado que se hayan graduado. Las escuelas preparatorias modificarán el programa de los exámenes finales del segundo semestre.
Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) a voluntary competition for grades 3-5 will begin this Thursday, January 12th in Room 124 (Mrs. Basey's room). Battles will begin promptly at 12:00 and end by 12:45. The door will be closed at 12:00 and reopened for a few minutes prior to 12:20 and then closed at 12:20. Once the door is closed no one will be allowed to enter. Please refer to the following schedule for your child's battle time. The teams are listed by team captain.
Battle 1 12:00-12:20
Battle 2 12:20-12:40
Thursday January 12, 2017
Battle 1: Maddie C vs. Madison H
Battle 2: Lucas K vs Sam G
Tuesday January 17, 2017
Battle 1: Max K vs Tyler S
Battle 2: Micah F vs Anna O
Wednesday January 18, 2017
Battle 1: Kyan S vs Anthony A
Battle 2: Rorie V vs Cristal B
Thursday January 19, 2017
Battle 1: Jack Mr vs Henry B
Battle 2: Avery S vs Sophia P
Wednesday January 25, 2017
Battle 1: Landon T vs Wyatt B
Battle 2: Lillian F vs Jarek B
Thursday January 26, 2017
Battle 1: Madilyn S vs Wyatt W
Battle 2: Julia S vs Hyrum B
Tuesday January 31, 2017
Battle 1: Noah L vs Gabe P
Battle 2: Haven B vs Henry B
Wednesday February 1, 2017
Battle 1: Max K vs Lucas K
Battle 2: Tyler S vs Sam G
Thursday February 2, 2017
Battle 1: Maddie C vs Hyrum B
Battle 2: Madison H vs Julia S
Tuesday Feb 7, 2017
Battle 1: Kyan S vs Cristal B
Battle 2: Anthony A vs Avery S
Wednesday February 8, 2017
Battle 1: Gabe P vs Haven B
Battle 2: Rorie V vs Sophia P
Thursday February 9, 2017
Battle 1: Landon T vs Micah F
Battle 2: Madilyn S vs Anna O
Tuesday February 14, 2017
Battle 1: Jack M vs Wyatt B
Battle 2: Wyatt W vs Lillian F
Wednesday February 15, 2017
Battle 1: Noah Leichty vs Jarek Buczynski
Thursday February 16, 2017: Final Four
Tuesday February 21: Final
If you have questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Myers' Jog-a-thon on October 7th was a wonderful success!
Our Jog-a-thon Celebration Assembly is November 10th.
Go Mustangs! Giddy-up!
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
El Jog-a-thon de Myers fue el 7 de octubre y fue fantastico!
La asamblea de celebración para Jog-a-thon en Myers es el 10 de Noviembre.
¡Vamos Mustangs! ¡Arre!
1. As parents you may send water with your student if you think it is best, regardless of the test results.
2. The district, not the principal, manages our water system.
3. If you have further concerns, please call district Environmental Health Specialist Vonnie Good at 503-399-3071.
Myers is the site location for Salem Child Development Center. For more information please contact them directly. 503-363-9821